11.06.2008

dear obama

Maybe I didn’t know whom I wanted to win the election. Maybe I’m still not sure how I feel about the changes you want to make to this country. But maybe, I then remember that change can be a good thing. And so, future President of my country, I want you to know that I am praying for you. I have felt a little helpless about the whole political situation for a few years. And yet, I have slacked in the one thing that I could do, pray. But no more. Obama, I may not agree with you but I promise you this, I will pray for you. I know my God is still in control. He can work through you or in spite of you. I don’t want you to fail. I want to see good change. And I pray that that is exactly what you will try to bring about.
I’m not going to sugarcoat it for you. I’m disenchanted with America. And yet, I know that this country has provided me with incredible opportunities. So, as I spend your first three months of office in one of the poorest and AIDS wracked countries in the world, I will remember where I am from and that you are know the President, and I will be praying for you.

Sincerely,
The red-headed Navajo

2 comments:

emma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rachel joy baransi said...

i really like this. you're so cool, we need to talk more! yeah, i can't wait to meet you at the airport, just tell me when! I just learned how to get there..... :) I'm prepared for you, haha! I was hoping to see Emma during her layover too but looks like it's not in Amsterdam after all. So what did you think about the Shack & Nickled & Dimed?

What are some other books that you would recommend? I'm trying to educate myself a bit while I'm on this break from school, (definitely still learning alot just by living with the family and with the start of this church plant!)

My mom was asking me about you, she blog-stalked you from the link on my page... she thinks you're pretty cool!! :)